Representing your right to be heard
Specializing in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, our Houston law firm provides honest, straightforward counsel and creative solutions to produce the best possible outcome for your divorce, child custody, child support, or other family law issue.
Click on one of links below to learn more about us:
Call the Houston law offices of Jacqueline Taylor, Attorney at Law, at 713.228.1515 or toll free at 1.877.535.1229, or contact us online to discuss how we can help you bring closure to your family law issue.
Email: Jacqueline Taylor
Jacqueline Taylor is board-certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in family law who equally enjoys mediation and collaborative law. She believes that a zealous advocate can co-exist in the realm of mediation, collaboration, and litigation; the true advocate searches for the most options for her clients. Whether the route is mediation, collaboration or litigation, the objective remains the same. The more options a client has, the more choices, and the more choices, the better the outcome. Consequently, Jackie has been devoted to communicating this gospel to the “unbelievers,” by chairing seminars. When she is not converting the “unbelievers,” you can find her in remote wilderness areas, communing with nature (a.k.a. hiding from everyone), and when nature does not commune with her, you can find her talking to herself.
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Fifth Circuit
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®, 1989-2017
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2005-2017
- Board Certified, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law, 1985-2017
- Certified Arbitrator, the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 1985-2017
- 2003 Frank G. Evans, Mediator of the Year Award
- TMCA Credentialed Distinguished Mediator, 2006–2009
- Thompson Reuters Super Lawyer 2006–2017
- H-Magazine, Houston’s Top Family Lawyers, 2008
- Recognized by Madison Who’s Who, 2008–2009
- University of Houston, Bates College of Law, J.D., 1978
- University of Houston, B.A., magna cum laude, 1975
- “The Impact of Bankruptcy on Divorce Proceedings”—Speaker, 2009
- 4th Annual Collaborative Law Spring Retreat, “Creative Settlement Options for Property Division”—Speaker, 2007
- “Co-Parenting Solutions: Tools for Diffusing Conflict,” Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2005 Conference—Planning Committee Member, 2005
- HBA ADR section, “Ethical Distinctions Between Mediation and Arbitration”—Speaker, 2004
- Family Law on the Front Lines, “Dad vs. Donor: Who Stays and Who Pays?”—Speaker, 2004
- South Texas Family Law Mediation Seminar—Chair, 2003
- HBA Family Law Institute—Speaker, 2003
- Family Law Conference for the General Practitioner & Legal Assistant—Speaker, 2003
- Mediation for Litigators—Speaker, 1999–2003
- The Art of Negotiation—Co-chair, 2001
- New Strategies for Family Law Mediation and Advocacy; An Advanced Communication and Negotiation Skills Course—Co-chair, 2000
- South Texas Family Law Mediation Training Seminar—Chair, 1999
- South Texas Family Law Mediation Training Seminar—Instructor, 1997–2002
- Law Practice Management Seminar—Speaker, 1998
- Trial Consulting Seminars—Speaker, 1998
- State Bar of Texas Legal Assistant’s Seminar—Lecturer, 1996
Email: Martha Calderon
Martha Calderon is a family law paralegal. Martha has been a working in the legal field for 12 years. She began her career in corporate law as a file clerk in Union Texas Petroleum. She then went on to pursue work in personal injury law. In August 2003, she joined the law offices of Jacqueline Taylor, Attorney at Law, where she has been working exclusively in family law for the past six years. She has attended numerous continuing legal education courses in the area of family law. She also has access to a variety of legal publications and has access to the most current research and resources to provide the law firm’s clients with the highest standard of excellence in the area of family law. Her varied and extensive experience brings to clients a broad empathy for people with diverse backgrounds and with all kinds of legal issues, problems, and challenges.
Martha considers her legal career to be an adventure. She travels with clients as they transition to the new and definitely foreign territory of a post-divorce life. She prides herself on concentrating on details and keeping clients well-informed throughout the handling of their cases. Martha’s hobbies include traveling and spending time with her friends and family.
Houston law firm also serving surrounding areas such as Sugar Land, Katy, and Woodlands.